A complete guide to getting you started with cross-platform mobile application development with Google
- Understand the fundamentals of Dart and Flutter to begin cross-platform mobile app development.
- Learn about Flutter concepts like:
Google Flutter is an application development framework for mobile, desktop and web which uses Dart as the primary back-end language. Flutter is highly efficient, fast and easy to work with. In this book, you will learn how to leverage Flutter awesome features and components to develop beautiful native applications.
In the first three chapters, you will what is Flutter and how to install Flutter and Dart on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Then we will explain how to configure IDEs to start programming in Flutter. We will also take a quick and fast-paced journey through the world of Dart programming language which is also developed by Google.
After that finally, we are ready to develop with Flutter, in each section of the last chapter of this book we will build a beautiful native Flutter app. All of the source code in these apps are explained line-by-line and every widget or component is explained in full details.
In the very last section, you get a quick review of every common widget in Flutter and how to use them with their constructors in one place. So don’t worry about searching for them!
After reading and implementing this book, you will have learned every useful aspect of Flutter in order to build native cross-platform applications.
What you will learn
- Dart basic syntax
- Object oriented programming and its uses in Flutter
- Gain knowledge on massive amount of Flutter Widgets and components
- Learn how to add plugins and work with assets like images
- Navigation and Pages in your Flutter app
- Work with online APIs to get data from internet and push it to you app
What applications you will build:
- A Dictionary App
- Simple Wiki
- Recommender App
- NASA Picture of the Day
- Weather App
- Planets App
- Quotes App
Who this book is for
Anyone who wants to build applications for mobile, desktop and web with Flutter.