Learn Flutter and the Dart programming language by building impressive real-world mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Learn cross-platform mobile development with Flutter and Dart by building 11 real-world apps
- Create wide array of mobile projects such as 2D game, productivity timer, movie browsing app, and more
- Practical projects demonstrating Flutter development techniques with tips, tricks, and best practices
Flutter is a modern reactive mobile framework that removes a lot of the complexity found in building native mobile apps for iOS and Android. With Flutter, developers can now build fast and native mobile apps from a single codebase.
This book is packed with 11 projects that will help you build your own mobile applications using Flutter. It begins with an introduction to Dart programming and explains how it can be used with the Flutter SDK to customize mobile apps. Each chapter contains instructions on how to build an independent app from scratch, and each project focuses on important Flutter features.From building Flutter Widgets and applying animations to using databases (SQLite and sembast) and Firebase, you’ll build on your knowledge through the chapters. As you progress, you’ll learn how to connect to remote services, integrate maps, and even use Flare to create apps and games in Flutter. Gradually, you’ll be able to create apps and games that are ready to be published on the Google Play Store and the App Store. In the concluding chapters, you’ll learn how to use the BLoC pattern and various best practices related to creating enterprise apps with Flutter.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills you need to write and deliver fully functional mobile apps using Flutter.
What you will learn
- Design reusable mobile architectures that can be applied to apps at any scale
- Get up to speed with error handling and debugging for mobile application development
- Apply the principle of ‘composition over inheritance’ to break down complex problems into many simple problems
- Update your code and see the results immediately using Flutter’s hot reload
- Identify and prevent bugs from reappearing with Flutter’s developer tools
- Manage an app’s state with Streams and the BLoC pattern
- Build a simple web application using Flutter Web
Who this book is for
This book is for mobile developers and software developers who want to learn Flutter to build state-of-the-art mobile apps. Although prior experience with Dart programming or Flutter is not required, knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP), data structures and software design patterns will be beneficial.
Table of Contents
- Hello Flutter!
- Miles or Kilometers? Using Stateful Widgets
- My Time – Listening to a Stream of Data
- Pong Game – 2D Animations and Gestures
- Let’s Go to the Movies – Getting Data from the Web
- Store That data – Using Sq(F)Lite to Store Data in a Local Database
- Firing Up the App – Integrating Firebase into a Flutter App
- The Treasure Mapp – Integrating Maps and Using Your Device Camera
- Let’s Play Dice: Knockout – Creating an Animation with Flare
- ToDo App – Leveraging the BLoC Pattern and Sembast
- Building a Flutter Web App